The number 13 isn’t always unlucky for some – here we have lots of lucky winners and me feeling pretty fortunate to have been doing so many creative things and meeting lovely people at Wool Week!
- Shetland Wool Week – where I got ultra inspired, met heaps of lovely people and took workshops in hap making with Gudrun Johnson and Quotidian Colour-work with Felix Ford. I mention the Heriloom Knitting’s Shetland Hap book, by Sharon Miller (please don’t look on amazon, it seems ridiculously expensive) and Felicity Ford’s Stranded Colourwork Source Book. Section ends with the sound of the wind on Monday, from inside the Shetland Library.
- Edinburgh Yarn Festival tutor list is live and tickets are on sale NOW! Followed by the sound of the loom at Jamieson of Shetland
- #WIPCrackAway – Oh dear, Louise! Poorly effort, but so much grafting going on in the KnitBritish and Yarns from the Plain Groups. The chat thread moves to Nic’s group on Sunday. Cast on Antarktis, by Janina Kallio in secret yarn. Also, forgot to mention on podcast, but please follow @Yarnsfromplain and check out Nic’s etsy shop!
- I am going to PodRetreat 2015, organised by Nic from Yarns From the Plain podcast. Shetland hits Chester in February!
- Prize winners of the Next Year in Lerwick patterns by Torirot Designs are – CnitterCatey, Pipermom and TracyTriumph! My wee Jamiesons goodies bag is going to Gill Buckerfield – congrats chaps!
Next podcast due around 7th November!
Click on the images for lightbox view