I could call this Wool Exploration: Second Quarter. But Spring and Summer wool exploration conjures me images of sheep on a catwalk and I like that!
On episode 101 I announced the next four breeds for our collective Wool Exploration. Jacobs is our next one, of course, and the deadline for your reviews for the Jacobs is 9th April. It may seem super early, but so many of you are so dang keen!
The next four breed yarns for us to relish are..
deadline for review: 7th May
Deadline for review: 1st June
Dorset Down / Dorset Horn / Poll Dorset
Deadline for review: 9th July
Deadline for review: 6th August
Yes, that is correct – you can choose to explore any of the Dorset breeds. I think it will be super interesting, if not crazy to try and shoe-horn more than one breed per episode!
How do I take part in Wool Exploration?
Each month there will be a specific breed for you to seek out;
- We must use a yarn that comprises 100% of the chosen breed wool – no blends
- That yarn can be any weight (lace, 4ply, DK, &c).
- You can knit or crochet any design into a nice big swatch
- We will follow the same Wool Exploration guidelines, upload our reviews as a ravelry project.
- Your notes should also be transferred into our exploration google form, which collates all our info.
You can use dyed or natural wool, hand-spun, commercial spun, or limited edition, small batch – the idea is that we will discover everything we can about that breed wool in a review and I will report these findings each month on the podcast. There will be so much to learn.
We will have a chat thread for each breed and I will preface each new exploration with a blog post – watch out for the Jacobs post next week. Remember you don’t have to commit to every single month of exploration, just jump in and out as you like!